29 July 2009

A few to-do items

After the incident on the freeway with my increasingly debilitated car, Ruby, it was pretty clear that the need for a new car was immediate. I was quite mad that day, seeing that the incident prevented me from going to the girl's getaway. I've been agonizing over selecting a car for the past few months--AWD, 4WD... That's just me: I chew, chew, chew on an idea, researching it online, asking for referrals, and then finally I make a decision. So I test drove one car and decided it was what I wanted. Plus, salespeople are dying for business right now, and the prices are amazing. Thursday I drove to Liz's and spent Friday with her and Owen, who, I've decided as with all other little ones I know--is not allowed to get any bigger. I don't have any pictures to share because of course I forgot my camera (much like Hansel & Gretel, I always leave something behind for people to remember me, I suppose...)Friday night and Saturday I spent at the Despins', reading books, watching kid's movies, playing outside, and, as usual when I come to visit, I helped my sister with one project: this one was hanging photos on the first floor. Yay for projects! A few to come: painting and rummage sale prep (I know, I may regret that one).

4 comments:

Tiffany and Brian said...

Hey Carrie... Just thought I'd make picking a car a little harder... Just incase there is a little one in your life you might consider how carseats will fit. We have two convertable carseats and they tend to be a bit larger. Plus the year that one carseat was backwards which requires a lot of space. Probably not a problem for your leg room but Cory will be scrunched in a normal sedan. We have a Passat, everyone fits and good gas mileage.

Carrie said...

Yes, I got the thumbs-up from the big/tall guy. Head room and leg room is more than sufficient! Thanks!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

My girlfriend has an Accord and loves it!

Katherine said...

Nice wheels! can't wait to see ya. I got your package. Adam says I'm not allowed to wear it outside the house!!!!! You're such a sweetie, thank you for thinking of me.