It becomes easy to worry, and even to whine about the daily stressors of life. However, I have so much to be thankful for, especially the people--near and far--that surround me, including those we can't see anymore. And as I write this, I am thinking about the better ways for my family and me to spend this holiday season.
Try to: bake cookies; play Christmas music; spend time with friends & family; and make small, personal, homemade little treasures; go ice skating; tour neighborhoods with Christmas lights; donate to a family in need; maybe visit a nursing home; make a photo collage of childhood Christmas pictures; watch all of the cheesy Christmas cartoon movies.
Try not to: Stress about silly things that don't matter, like shopping for lots of gifts; skip holiday gatherings just because it's a busy time of the year; skip on all of the wine; forget the things that really matter.
I hope each of you are with your families today--Happy Thanksgiving!
3 comments:
When are you guys gonna come visit us??
Here are the options: January, August. Any opinions?
Speaking as a current non-wine drinker, I don't think you need to skip ALL the wine. You could have a little glass for me. I do agree that we need to refocus on celebrating the holidays away from shopping chaos and make them more homey.
Post a Comment