Number of insect bites endured on recent camping trip: 57. For real. Which is amusing since my last post so confidently poo-pooed the bugs. Damn hubris. I had been looking forward to our camping weekend for weeks; an opportunity for us to be alone, outside, with limited cell phone reception. I put bug spray on (the semi-non-toxic kind), and by 7:00pm I was wearing a long-sleeved shirt and pants, but hell hath no fury when the mosquitoes and flies were biting me through my pants (many butt lesions to prove it). I surrounded myself with the citronella candles to kick the hub's bum in Poker Yahtzee (which is really fun). I felt bad because I was whining about it; I've been camping my whole life, so it's not like I haven't been bitten before. My sister thinks I might have a more serious allergic reaction (my ankles were kind of swollen, there were clusters of bites). It was not pretty. I'll save the pictures for those in the medical field.
Another thing I'm possibly allergic to--shocking. I'll post some pictures of the happy moments.
1 comment:
No matter how much you prepare for the bugs, they still get you!! My grandma would say it's because you're so sweet - the bugs can't resist!
Post a Comment