20 September 2011

Travel and choice comments...week 13

This was the first full week of classes and things ARE GETTING CRAZY already. In our office, we have lots of fall events so there will be some long nights. I'm reveling in the weekends already, cleaning closets (sometimes), baking, cooking, and finding crafty home projects--it helps me to balance and center :) On an even more exciting note, we booked our cottage in Ireland and we'll be there in a few short weeks! I can't believe it! It hasn't fully sunk in that we're heading across the Atlantic (avec mama and mes amies) to see Jane, and oh, yeah, she's getting married! It's going to be incredible. Not much more to get except my very sexy compression socks to wear on the plane. Maybe one pair of [expandable] pants, but other than that, I think I'm set.

Not much to report in Baby Land; I'm happy to be getting more energy back since these busy days are demanding more of me. Some friends have lent me some really great books and maternity clothes (thanks, ladies!) so it's good to have a developing collection of items to peruse and organize.

Last, a mental note of items: I know this little gummy bear inside has a long ways to go before s/he is going to visit us on the outside, and although I've only had my reveal public at work for the last two weeks, it's amazing how quickly the unsolicited comments begin to surface. I'm going to keep track for posterity, so here's the beginning, which I'm sure will continue to grow (pun intended):

"Was this a planned pregnancy?" (x2)
"Wow--you're really getting big." (After I returned from having food poisoning, fyi.)
"You're not going to be able to hide this much longer."

(P.S. I had to change so many misspellings and incorrect words in this post before I published it...apparently the work of developing a baby has left my brain unable to process some other tasks.)

1 comment:

Kelly K said...

Hi Carrie! I am so excited for you ladies that are going to Jane's wedding in Ireland. I cannot wait to read all the re-caps and see the pictures. Glad to hear that you are happy.