This morning I was sitting at my desk, minding my own business. I had just pulled out my two office Christmas decorations, one being a new wreath purchased on Black Friday, and the other being a very cute miniature snowglobe. As I was reaching for the snowglobe, I dropped it and it shattered, sending water, glass, and synthetic snowflakes ALL over my desk and within a 400-mi radius of where I was sitting. Plus, I had to run to the bathroom to grab towels and it looked like I had wet my pants. A big accident, mind you. Worse than the time I spilled my glass of water in my lap during our flight to Chicago. One guy even chuckled as he passed me in the hall. Not amused, buddy. To top it all off, I had glass in my hand. And who wants to break a snowglobe? I think it ranks up there with the cardinal sin of cutting tags off of mattresses--it just isn't supposed to happen.
26 November 2007
the incident with the snowglobe
This morning I was sitting at my desk, minding my own business. I had just pulled out my two office Christmas decorations, one being a new wreath purchased on Black Friday, and the other being a very cute miniature snowglobe. As I was reaching for the snowglobe, I dropped it and it shattered, sending water, glass, and synthetic snowflakes ALL over my desk and within a 400-mi radius of where I was sitting. Plus, I had to run to the bathroom to grab towels and it looked like I had wet my pants. A big accident, mind you. Worse than the time I spilled my glass of water in my lap during our flight to Chicago. One guy even chuckled as he passed me in the hall. Not amused, buddy. To top it all off, I had glass in my hand. And who wants to break a snowglobe? I think it ranks up there with the cardinal sin of cutting tags off of mattresses--it just isn't supposed to happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OUCHIE! HOpe your doing better. That sucks! I thought the glass on those things were thick so it wouldn't break. Apparently not huh!
Wicked bad to break a snowglobe! (Does it have the bad luck karma like a broken mirror?) What a sad, sad day.
Post a Comment