03 October 2011

Our bedroom redo (finally)




After painting our bedroom this spring, I replaced the original, wrinkle-prone sailcloth curtains (which have been banished to the guest room) with textured, non-wrinkled (e.g. poly blend) ones, which need to be shortened. However, I kind of like the grandness of them left long. Maybe I'll just have them taken up(by mom, whose much more accurate in the sewing world than me) so they don't block the air duct. The headboard I ordered in April FINALLY arrived and I love it--its grandness, its tailored look, that my pillows don't fall into the crevices behind the bed, that I can lean up against it and read (the best part). Since the headboard arrived, we could finally incorporate our IKEA finds, including these reading lights, nightstands (since they're so small, there's room for us each to have one to stash our books and magazines), and some wall decor. I originally bought three of these to paint and create a triptych, but instead I wanted one item and decided to make this happy mod mirror and paint it the same yellow. It's definitely not a perfect project, but it's done. There is glue on the mirror but I just wanted to put it up and have the room finished. The point was to remove the clutter (and a few other pieces of furniture) and make it as relaxing as possible. The bedspread's changed as the weather's getting colder : (

3 comments:

Kelly K said...

Carrie - I love it! It is classic, elegant, and totally you. Love the yellow mirror, it is a great statement.

Tiffany said...

It looks awesome!! I love it above your bed! :)

CARH said...

nice work! very relaxing & calm