31 October 2011

All Hallow's Eve: week 17

Maddux and Josie always stop by our house on Halloween. I loved their costumes this year--such a funny pair!

We planted this Autumn Blaze Maple the last weekend in June. I guess you could refer to it as the "Baby Tree", seeing that shortly after planting, we found out we were pregnant! (Yes, it's a metaphor.) I love that the leaves are already showing their gorgeous scarlet color. There is no tree more beautiful than a maple tree. It's one of the primary reasons why fall is my favorite season.

I've been baking up a storm lately (anything with chocolate will do) and I found the recipe for these healthy zucchini muffins and I just added the chocolate chips. I usually keep them in a container for a few days and then just freeze the rest. So yummy!

I stole this picture from Kim's blog, as Max and Vivi are our other trick-or-treating regulars. My favorite memory from this year's Halloween was watching Corey go outside and bend down to hand a little girl some candy from the dish. I knew that the next year we'd be doing the same for our little peanut. Such a great tradition to look forward to.


No comments: