05 December 2007

Mothers, daughters & irish coffees




The Saturday before Christmas, my mom and I were invited to our neighbor's house to bake cookies and to spend time with some lovely women I have known all of my life. Gina was home from San Fransisco, so it was a great excuse to get together, eat great food and catch up. There was some serious cookie production going on, but there was also several hours there that just included laughing and reminiscing about the good ol' days in our neighborhood (oh yes, and drinking wine, too). We'll have to make an annual tradition of this event. There's a great saying I was thinking of as we were taking pictures: Here's to great women--may we know them, may we be them, may we raise them.





1 comment:

Gina G. said...

Love the blog! Love the post! It was great to see you when I came home over Christmas.