10 December 2007
the incident with the vaccuum
Corey came back from Vegas on Monday and I took the afternoon off to pick up the weary travelers at the airport, and also so we could go pick out our Christmas tree, decorate, and spend the rest of the day together. I had pulled out the decorations the day before and left a trail of holiday poo poo everywhere. The tree looks great, though! There are few things better than the smell of a fresh Christmas tree. Now that we have a dining room table, however, space in our house is a bit more cozy. If/when we have game night, there is going to be a major shortage of space. We decorated the tree and I crawled under it to vaccuum up the needles before we put down the tree skirt. I couldn't reach the attachment hose all the way to the wall, so I crawled under the tree. We recently got a new vaccuum and the onboard attachments are nifty and quite effective. Within about 1 min I clocked myself in the head with the attachment and it proceeded to suck up my hair. I screamed to Corey to shut off the vaccuum. Now I have a major lump behind my ear, but thank goodness I still have all of my hair. I was telling this story to my friend, and she thought I had cut my hair because of said incident, but I informed her that it was just a coincidence. I have always had fears of my hair getting sucked up in a hottub or something, but never with vaccuum onboard attachments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know I shouldn't be laughing, but what a cute story! I'm glad to hear that you came out in one piece!
I admit it I'm laughing! I need that laugh it was a long a tiring day with the kids. Funny this reminds me of the time you got stuck in the coat closet at 6D!!! But all in all I'm glad that your hair is okay!
I forgot to comment on this one because when I first read it I laughed so hard at work. Only because I can totally picture it!
Yes, the coat closet incident was as memorable and potentially dangerous. However, you earmarked it with a picture. For some reason I wasn't goin' there this time. I can't imagine why...
Post a Comment