14 January 2008

Accidentally incognito?


Janell said I had to post a picture of my new haircut, which was done in an attempt to rid myself of a slightly-developed mullet. I should always trust my instincts that if I am sitting in the stylist's chair and I'm only 50% convinced of the attractiveness of my haircut, when I get home I definitely won't be able to replicate said so-so look. So posting this picture actually relates to a rather common experience I have been having as of late. Gone are the days of piercing and tatoo consideration, so I figure my hair is the best method of self-expressing my evolution of appearance. Plus, I just get darn bord of the same thing. However, I am beginning to think this habit is backfiring. I fear that when at work and I greet people by name, perhaps they don't know it's me (by first glance). I also wear reading glasses now at the computer, which I suppose could serve as a very simplistic disguise. I've had a few lengthy conversations where their good-bye, however pleasant, didn't include my name. Could I be overreacting? Absolutely. But I must say that the safety of being identified when I'm sitting in my office with my name next to the door probably provides comfort to some.

3 comments:

amrolih said...

Love the new do! Take advantage of flying under the radar for awhile. Once in awhile it's nice to choose your conversations.

Katherine said...

YOu look as cute as ever. I don't think you're over reacting :)
Have fun surprising people with your new look. I love the comment about how they say bye to you without saying your name yet it's posted 5 feet from their face on your door!!! Funny.

Janell said...

Love the new hair style! I'm FINALLY trying to get caught up on leaving messages on people's blogs. I miss you girls! CAN'T WAIT to see you...it won't be long!!