02 January 2008

Yup--I'm a Romantic

Last week I went to see P.S. I Love You and holy Toledo--I haven't cried at a movie that much (esp. in public) in a looong time. The movie got iffy reviews and here are the reasons I anticipated I wouldn't really like it:
  1. Hillary Swank: I know she's a wonderful actress but something about her rubbed me the wrong way. However, her range of pictures really makes her pretty darn admirable and with this one, she's ever so endearing.
  2. The title--which apparently was a book and has already been made into a movie in 1999--suggests a bubble gum love story.
The reasons why I knew I should see/am now glad that I saw it:
  1. However semi-saccharine Hollywood movies may be, I would be lying if I denied that sometimes they really do remind you about the positives of the human spirit, and even love.
  2. Half of the movie takes place in Ireland. 'Nuff said.
  3. Three really attractive men are in the movie: 1) a Scotchman who plays a convincing Irishman (Gerard Butler); 2) the brooding actor who played Izzie's love on Grey's (Jeffrey Dean Morgan); and 3) Harry Connick Jr! I didn't even know he was in it, so that was a bonus.
So cynics can diss me, but this might actually be a date movie you can bring your other half to.

3 comments:

amrolih said...

Ireland and HRJr.! Yeah!

Karla said...

So it's a must-see then?
HC was half the reason I want to see it, Jeffrey Dean Morgan was the other reason. :) -Karla

Kim said...

i just saw that one on sunday - it was good. harry connick jr. really bugged me for some reason. i liked the irishmen, though. :)