01 December 2008
Geez.
I guess I wasn't really sure how/if this was reading material for the blog world, but since every time I have gone to post something I really just considered posting about this topic, I figure maybe there is some cartharsis in getting it out, despite leaving out major details out of respect for others. The thing is something in the universe is crazy right now concerning many people in my and Corey's family, and "family" of friends. It just seems like the bad news, which I have come to predict to arrive in threes, just keeps coming! It's gone way beyond three: there are numerous people in our lives that are just going through some really difficult times right now. I've considered needing to get the bad energy out--do I have my house blessed? Do I smudge it? Anything to help with this seemingly bad turn of events in the lives of so many. It's hard to know how to help them, even though most of the time, just thoughts, prayers, calls, and just being there is all that they expect/you know how to provide. My mom was in a car accident on Saturday night, and thankfully is doing just fine. However, the weather wasn't as forgiving for some of the other travelers, so it just becomes a very scary reminder as to how fragile all of our lives are. I know we often forget, but please, just tell those in your lives that you love them, even for the 500th time. I had a really good talk with my parents that night and it was an amazing reminder as to why we are really here, celebrating the holidays. It's about tradition and sharing it with those you love. If we don't have our friends and our family, we have nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Love you too!
You said it well, Carrie. This Thanksgiving in particular, we realize how blessed we are. It's also a time to realize that the "little things" that are irritating/bothersome, pale in comparison to what others are dealing with.
I agree with Jess - and you of course - sometimes all we can do is be there. Love ya.
Thanks for the reminder of loving those we love. I don't know if Elizabeth told you, but Rian's Aunt and Cousin were in one of the bad accidents last Saturday night. They are both at St. Mary's in Duluth and are taking things day by day. They are so lucky to be alive, as one of the people in the car that hit them did not survive. They have had multiple surgeries but are continuing to stay strong and positive. It's been a rough week for Rian's family - but an incredible reminder of how precious life is and how easily everything can change. I'm so glad your Mom is okay! :-)
Thanks for the important reminder!
Lots of love to you babe!
I'm very glad to hear that your mom is alright. Send her my best.
How is your mom? Tell her we all think of her.
Post a Comment