13 December 2008

Welcome home, Koufax





The first weekend of December, I drove to Rochester to meet our puppy's breeders. I guess I would use that term loosely, but we really checked them out and were happy with the setup they had. As soon as I met this little guy he came right to me and practically licked me to death. We stayed at my sister's house for two days, much to the delight of my three-year-old nephew, Nathan, and then picked up Corey from a conference on our way home. He's adjusting to our family quite nicely; with the exception of the typical puppy bursts of energy in the early evenings, he's mostly just cuddly and wants to be played with. I don't even really mind taking him outside, as he's learned to climb the deck steps and is pretty autonomous. We had really thought he'd have an Irish name, but we couldn't find one that really stuck, but this one's a good fit.

4 comments:

amrolih said...

Ohh, I love the name. Very fitting for your adorable little addition. Enjoy puppy training!

Erin LaRayne Agosto said...

I want to pinch his cheeks! Very cute!

Karla said...

He's just way too adorable! The girls cannot wait to meet him.

Katherine said...

He's adorable. Looks like a sunggle puppy! Let me know if you're in need of a good carpet cleaner - We've gone through quite a few different one's and have finally found a good one. Works good for the kids too... :)