

Our 4th festivities started on the 3rd, when we headed up to Corey's parents to watch their local fireworks and parade. Being located near the local watering holes of Eveleth, MN, watching these events is like a sociological dissertation in the making. Words cannot describe the colorful figures that come out of the woodwork. But what we can always count on is seeing relatives and eating considerable amounts of empty calories--I don't even try to resist it anymore. Corey's cousin and family from FL were up to visit, describing the wild pigs that inhabit the land next to their property. Last night, CB, CR and Shandiz came over for a BBQ, and CB and I made shish kabobs (one: in honor of our guests--Shish kabob is Farsi--two: because they are easy & delicious). Only remants remained thereafter. CR brought presents from her new company, Sugar, which included a new purse and shoes for me! It was like Christmas. CR's dad took us out on the tugboat that he manages for UWS and we watched the fireworks from the Harbor--that was something everyone needs to experience. We had wine and toasted to good friends. The next night we did some people watching at the Red Star, which can definitely satisfy anyone's craving for a unique martini. I had the xxx: ruby red grapefruit, v. refreshing for the summer. That's after, of course, I tripped walking in the door with my rediculously
uncomfortable bronze stilettos.
No comments:
Post a Comment