03 July 2007

Getting there is half the adventure



Corey and I left for NY last Wed and although going to Joe & Emily's wedding was definitely the highlight, I couldn't tell the story without talking about the excruciating process we experienced in trying to get there. Here's a brief synopsis: we left Duluth on Wed at 5:30 am and made it to NYC by lunchtime. We had our flight to Rochester cancelled, 6 versions of standby, and slept in the airport baggage claim with about 1,000 other stranded travelers! We then took the Amtrak to Rochester, and finally, 28 hours after we were scheduled to arrive, we made it and Joe Joe picked us up. I've never been so excited to see a familiar face. I was inclined to buy a "I heart NY" t-shirt but frankly, I have a major disdain for NY.

The wedding in Wellsville was wonderful. It's a really small town in the middle of the state, and it's very Americana--you can pretty much get anywhere by walking and everyone in the town knows each other. Joe has a big extended family and they were more than welcoming to all of us. The bride looked magnificent (maybe I should make a go of this makeup business--teehee)!

No comments: