25 February 2008

Returning to the emerald isle



Well, I have my ticket so it's official: I am going to Ireland this May! A really great opportunity to "tag" along with a group from the area came up, so I had to jump on it. I can't wait: in three months I'll be back to the land where I left a little bit of my heart eight (yikes!) years ago. Having been there before, there's almost more pressure to see all of the good stuff, since I know how wonderful it all is! I called my Irish lassie, Janey, to give her the good news a few weeks ago. I am most excited to see her since her visit four years ago for Janell's wedding. Besides going to Dublin and Belfast, we will be returning to the beloved town of the west, Louisburgh, to see how unbelivably different it looks today. My ladies: the SPAR had a fire last week, and Tom McNamara doesn't own it anymore. In addition, we'll be stopping in to visit Jane's family, and I've already bought a new trenchcoat to prepare for the coastal weather. Now I just need to find my passport! For those of you who have visited since the millenium, what is an absolute must that I [re]visit???

5 comments:

Erin LaRayne Agosto said...

Sweet! I am so excited for you! I just heard a techno song from Kickboxing the other day "Don't call me baby" and it brought back memories of Tracy with her black pants, white socks and black shoes. Before you go, if there is anything Jane wants let me know, I can help you buy some stuff.

Kim said...

according to michelle, louisburgh has changed SO much. i thought it was lovely! so excited for you!

Carrie said...

Erin, good idea. I will ask her. I am also going to see if we can stay in the Holiday cottages; does anyone know if you can rent a cottage for just a day or two and not a week? Yes, lots of memories are coming back and I'm realizing how much I have forgotten.

Kim said...

when we went we stayed for only a couple of nights.

amrolih said...

Tear. I would love to cram myself into your suitcase. Take lots of pictures so that those of us not with can live vicariously through your pictres. Give Jane a big hug!