This weekend was great as I got to celebrate my birthday with lots of people I love. Also, I can't believe how many times I got a treasure or a card, reminding myself how thoughtful my friends and family are and how thankful I am. Thanks for making it so special! Monday night my parents had us over for teriyaki steak, twice-baked potatoes and mom's new famous flourless chocolate cake (made with garbanzo beans!). I brought the remnants into work the next day and no one could believe it was actually good for you. (I am digging for the recipe, but I know for sure it's from Bette Hagman's Gluten Free Gourmet). My co-workers and I went out for lunch on Friday, then CR, Shandiz, Corey and I went out for dinner that night. We met up with Joe, Em, Aaron, Lenae, CB and Jodi for some bowling. We had a great time. Saturday was CR's bridal shower and it was great to celebrate at Melissa's uber-cool Victorian house. (The flourless cake also made a successful appearance). By Saturday night, the proverbial truck had hit me and the bragging about not being sick had evaporated. I've been chugging down tea and using my Neti pot, so I'm hoping for a quicker recovery.
07 March 2008
Feeling loved
This weekend was great as I got to celebrate my birthday with lots of people I love. Also, I can't believe how many times I got a treasure or a card, reminding myself how thoughtful my friends and family are and how thankful I am. Thanks for making it so special! Monday night my parents had us over for teriyaki steak, twice-baked potatoes and mom's new famous flourless chocolate cake (made with garbanzo beans!). I brought the remnants into work the next day and no one could believe it was actually good for you. (I am digging for the recipe, but I know for sure it's from Bette Hagman's Gluten Free Gourmet). My co-workers and I went out for lunch on Friday, then CR, Shandiz, Corey and I went out for dinner that night. We met up with Joe, Em, Aaron, Lenae, CB and Jodi for some bowling. We had a great time. Saturday was CR's bridal shower and it was great to celebrate at Melissa's uber-cool Victorian house. (The flourless cake also made a successful appearance). By Saturday night, the proverbial truck had hit me and the bragging about not being sick had evaporated. I've been chugging down tea and using my Neti pot, so I'm hoping for a quicker recovery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to hear you had a great birthday! One of these days we'll catch up and end the game of phone tag!
Post a Comment