28 March 2008

Turtle vs. Hare

Phase I of Get Ready to Put your House on the Market is nearing the end (Oh. My. Goodness.) In the past few weeks, our tasks have included: hang new back door; cut, paint and hang door molding and baseboards; take down bathroom wallpaper (lots of explicatives); prime, paint, tile, grout, and caulk bathroom; completely remove all items from basement and basically displace into garage; paint basement walls, stairs and floor; fix leak in bathroom; buy and put in new "staging" furniture and pictures; replace window; and strip horrible, toxic glue from basement stairs (whose fumes apparently seeped into my neighbor's basement as well). Thanks so much to our saviors, Kim, Tom, Joe Joe, and our parents. You are our home heroes. Still left to do (before tomorrow): finish painting bathroom, lay flooring in 2 rooms. Phase II includes immense purging of items and cleaning of floors, carpets, toilets, etc. I need a massage, a really good meal and a loooong nap. OK, I'll hold out until next week.

4 comments:

Karla said...

I think you'll both need a vacation after all this! We will keep our fingers crossed for a quick house sale!

Krista said...

I bet it looks great! I know the hard work will pay off.
As far as the massage, go for it!!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wanna come fix up the house we buy? Sounds like you guys are pros now!

Karla said...

I love your new background; I couldn't resist changing mine too. The same old was getting old! :)