23 April 2008
A nod to self-reflection
Last weekend I was digging through my old Ireland mementoes, trying to find an email address for a B&B. Alas, I found a collection of several journals that I kept during the end of high school and through the first two years of college. Let's just say I laughed and laughed! How dramatic our lives are sometimes. And yet...I feel lucky that I took time to document some milestones--going to college, meeting Corey, studying abroad--gaining some shreds of what I hope to consider infinite and long-lasting wisdom. Sure we can focus on the silly and absolutely stupid things we did "when we were young," but inevitably, those are the times when we're starting to learn who we are and what the heck we are trying to do in this world. I would like to think this "journal" allows me to do that, but this writing is pretty G-rated in various respects. Perhaps my trip back over the Atlantic will encourage some more soul searching on paper. Do any of you still journal?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's amazing how looking back at our own words we can see how much we've changed, but how much we really are the same!
I wish I still did. My aunt told me I should keep a 'wedding journal' to share & remember, I just don't think I want to remember all the gory details, nor would they be fit to share with most readers...
Oh you are SOOOO responsible for me NOT getting my paperwork done today!!!!
Thanks!
Post a Comment