
About 5 minutes after we moved in, I started thinking about what colors I want to paint each room, how I want to decorate, etc....Actually, if I would have had enough time and motivation, it would have been so much easier to paint before we moved in, but I've learned that I have to chew on my decorating interests, look through magazines, and check out each store about 5 times before I make a decision. I went to this link on HGTV to get some ideas about color and combining styles. I've also gone to Behr, which has some really great ideas about shades, intensity, and mood. I've actually gotten a lot of help from BHG, which isn't just your grandma's kind of magazine! This is what I'm thinking: a pale yellow for the kitchen to make it bright and sunny. Both Jane & her parents had yellow kitchens in Ireland, and it kind of inspired me. A darker yellow for the dining room and living room, which is an open space.

Probably a periwinkle, grayish blue for our bedroom, as this will appease the male eye and I can still make it kind of hotel-cozy.


I'm thinking either a green room with black accents (I'm really stuck on this bright green), or some kind of rusty orange with neutral and brown accents--very hippy, but I like it.

Because the bathrooms don't have windows, I might cave in and use more blue, kind of like this.


I think it will make the space look much bigger. Any other suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment