07 July 2008

Shrubbery

Blushing Bride Hydrangea

Miss Kim Dwarf Korean Lilac Tree

Baptisa

Red Wiegela

My co-workers gave us a beautiful shrub as a housewarming gift. I wasn't intending on spending money on landscaping, but then I heard that perennials were 50% off at some local nurseries, so...with lots of advice and strategy from friends and family, I purchased what's shown below. Poor Corey; he willingly agreed to assist but neither of us knew what we were getting into. He managed to saw down to the root base of the first cedar bush, and after a broken shovel and a broken rope (that was tied to the truck), he managed to wrangle it out. Good thing we started early because this endeavor took about 3 hours. Then came the deer/rabbit repellent. I had to saturate the plants for the first time and I nearly vomited up my breakfast. (I cannot even describe how bad it smells; 50x worse than most horrid smell you can imagine). The shrubs looks great, so it was worth the effort! I can't wait to see what they'll look like in a few years. Kelly, I thought of you so I decided to put these in my post!

No comments: