Last night our real estate agent and her husband took us golfing at their country club. To say I was a wee bit nervous was an understatement. Before last night, I have golfed a total of 18 holes in my entire life (minus the driving range), and that wasn't exactly the best performance. We raced out to get a pair of golfing shoes (which are kind of dorky cute, if there's such a thing), and a collared shirt. Although I made some really bad shots and missed the ball off the tee more than once, I think I did okay. My drives were decent; I just need to work on my short game. The hardest part was the walking. I'm thinking I'm in shape, but man, lugging that bag uphill for 500 yards on one hole was tough! Plus, I did the most walking by far because I had to chase my ball all over the fairway. Getting out of bed today was more challenging than usual...my forearms are tight, my abs are tweaked and my hands are sprouting callouses. But as much as I struggled, I kind of want to keep going. I think if I practiced, I could be decent. Plus, what better way to be outside in the summer than standing on a pristine course? I suppose I could put at home with the ol' cup...so I'll always be looking for some ladies to practice with. Let me know if you're interested.
23 July 2008
I'm a wimp
Last night our real estate agent and her husband took us golfing at their country club. To say I was a wee bit nervous was an understatement. Before last night, I have golfed a total of 18 holes in my entire life (minus the driving range), and that wasn't exactly the best performance. We raced out to get a pair of golfing shoes (which are kind of dorky cute, if there's such a thing), and a collared shirt. Although I made some really bad shots and missed the ball off the tee more than once, I think I did okay. My drives were decent; I just need to work on my short game. The hardest part was the walking. I'm thinking I'm in shape, but man, lugging that bag uphill for 500 yards on one hole was tough! Plus, I did the most walking by far because I had to chase my ball all over the fairway. Getting out of bed today was more challenging than usual...my forearms are tight, my abs are tweaked and my hands are sprouting callouses. But as much as I struggled, I kind of want to keep going. I think if I practiced, I could be decent. Plus, what better way to be outside in the summer than standing on a pristine course? I suppose I could put at home with the ol' cup...so I'll always be looking for some ladies to practice with. Let me know if you're interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i really like golfing and would love to do it more often... it's hard right now because it takes so much time, but i think when max and any subsequent children are older, tom and i will go out together more. maybe we could try to fit in a foursome sometime yet this summer/fall?
I'm sure you did much better than I would have! I want to see your cute golf shoes!
Wow, your agent took you golfing? We got a gift card for Home Depot.
How fancy!
Yes,I would love to golf as couples. It was more fun than I thought. However, maybe you and I would have a few rounds of practice before then...
The same thing happened to me. I took lesson, am now in a golf league and golfed my best round yet last night with a 63 on 9 holes. Major improvement from a month and a half ago when I golfed around 80-85.
Seriously, give me a triathlon any day over golfing. Call me crazy...I know you want to! But I would try it, I will try anything once. Kat made me try triathlons, now look at me!
It's amazing how much golf can actually take out of you! I went to the drive range for the first time since I've had Nolan and my sides hurt like I had done 500 crunches the next day!
Post a Comment