15 January 2009

Itching for a project

So my blog has been relatively uninteresting lately, and after being sick for so long I just figured life had gotten rather boring. Some house projects will have to wait for spring, ahem, summer(i.e. painting & recovering these funky little ottomans we got from Corey's grandma) but considering my mantra since June's been "What else should I be doing during the winter?" I think a project is in order. I think I'll start with the guest bedroom, since that requires the least amount of disturbance. Some items to consider: a large, funky mirror like this one, I also got some lovely pictures that our friend who's a graphic designer created, and I ordered the mats and frames for them. One's going in the LR and the other one will go in this room. It's a crazy, kind of mystical picture of two women, and some butterflies. But the woman is naked and kind of bald. Here's a link to his stuff: definitely the homiest of the content, which in general doesn't exactly scream Martha Stewart. It's on the right-hand side, third column from the bottom.

Then, the kitchen needs some work. I thought I'd start with this light for above the sink, and a happy yellow valance like this for the sink, too. These are actually really easy to make (ps my mom, not me), so maybe I could prevent a PB purchase...For the living room, I would like to cover our big entry wall with a mirror or painting, and this stuff from Target's Global Bazaar would fit nicely, as it's relatively funky and unique.

Of course creating new projects just procrastinates other tasks, like donating boxes in the garage, cleaning out closets, looking for missing boots and mittens, etc.

Where did you discover good finds (online or in-store)? What great, inexpensive places can I rely on?

2 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I love CB2. It has great funky items at affordable prices!

Karla said...

Thanks for introducing me to World Market...I think I'll be going back there to find some things. Love the valance curtains, love the color! As I mentioned when you were here, I've gone to Home Goods a few times and found things.