31 January 2009

Little things

I headed to a conference this week (which was a welcome escape from the craziness of work) and the dinner was held at one of my favorite St. Paul restaurants (the grilled salmon and goat cheese risotto was amazing, of course, however, the $12 {gulp} glass of wine was not). Ugh. I miss living in bigger, exciting places sometimes, esp. when someone sitting next to you at dinner talks about living in Garrison Keillor's neighborhood. I stayed at the Wallace house, which was nice, and we even managed to stop at Trader Joe's--$2.99 wine, yummy curry food, & GF granola. I held my composure and didn't buy the chocolate-covered bananas. Today was amazing weather! This was a day that we in the north live for. Everyone is happier when it's February and it's 50 degrees outside. Koufax and I had a long walk, I shoveled off the deck...it was great. I still have some lofty cleaning goals, but those might have to wait.

No comments: