



Friday night the birthday partygoers started out for pizza. I got caught up on the happenings of Kindergarten, 2nd, 6th and 9th grade, which pretty much just serves as a reminder that I am old. Later we went all back to my mom's to have cake--the white kind with the really good sugary frosting and DQ ice cream cake. Love. It. The birthday boys & girls also opened their birthday presents. It was almost a reinactment of Christmas with the wrapping paper and people sprawling all over the living room. That night the Despins & I went back to my house and sat up talking with Corey for a while. And then since we are old, we went to bed pretty early. Saturday Krista & Tom left for an anniversary getaway, so Nathan & I kicked it. There was some napping, playing at the swingset, hanging out with the dog, watching Sesame Street and the highlight of the afternoon was going to the train depot with my mom. We knew we would be in awe and he was. There was a lot of climbing onto the train cars, watching the model trains go by, and then we headed to the children's portion of the museum. He had a blast and I am sure there will be many return visits to see the trains. Bonus points for Auntie!
1 comment:
Nathan looks so like your baby pictures! (Probably Krista's too)
Post a Comment