01 October 2007

Buddy Walk!




Yesterday was the sixth annual Buddy Walk, the fourth here in the northern part of the state. Unfortunately, it was held inside due to the massive amounts of rain we've had lately, but it was so amazing to see so many people--and every single one of them was wearing a bright blue shirt! The pictures don't really do it justice. It's such a great event that brings people together. There is one family who has a little boy with Down syndrome that I see every year at the walk: I can't believe how big he's gotten in 3 years! Thank you so much to all of you who support this endeavor. I am drafting a thank you letter, but frankly I get rather emotional about everyone's generosity and I have to put it away for a little while! Indeed, my cup runneth over.The timing of this year's event is especially interesting, considering all the choas that is involving DD services in our state. I actually got to speak to the local and state president about Katie's situation, so that was encouraging. An update: today we are going to visit a location where Katie could possibly move to, but it's nervewracking because we feel like we have to make a decision so soon. Keep sending the good vibes! They are greatly appreciated. Pictures to come soon!

No comments: