Today was our school-wide volunteer day, so I opted to do something fun and as far from labor intensive as possible. A co-worker and I went to a local elementary school to read books to kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade classes. My goodness, it brought me back to the wonder of reading books where the colors and images jump off the pages, where adventures take place and where it ties up neatly in about 20 minutes. And I forgot what it's like to be around so many little people. They have very important information about their cat, Sammy. They tell you you're pretty. They ask you where you live. They all want to hug you when you leave. It's pretty much a human Hallmark card.
3 comments:
Oh my goodness I bet that was sooo much fun!!! I'm jealous!
'Little people' with their eyes wide, staring in wonder at something new and unknown; books with bright colors and lots of adventure... reminds me of YOU in a Seuss book!
Love... Dad!
So sweet and great way to put it..."human Hallmark card"! Gotta love those little children! Brings me back to when I student taught 2nd grade. :)
Post a Comment