20 February 2008
the path to [nutritional] enlightenment
As most of the northern half of the country will agree, winter is certainly the time to associate your mood and energy level as BLAH. I am no exception to this fact. And although I'm a regular mover/shaker and a pretty consentious eater, I can't shake the feeling that I don't have a healthy dose of spunk these days. First, I decided to give up processed sugar, since it's like crack to me. I can't have just a little. I had not had any for about 2 weeks than had a few pieces of chocolate the other night. I practically couldn't blink and was up until about 2:00 am. Enter detox proposal. Several people I work with are quite alternative when it comes to health care and nutrition. I have been really interested in trying some sort of detox for quite some time just to gain more energy and to get my exercise to count for a little more. I went to see a RN who owns a health food store and decided to give it a try. It's a 7-day program, which is actually liberal in the sense that you are encouraged to eat fruits and vegetables, to drink water and eat whole grains, so I figure it'll do my body good. The only thing that really stinks right now is the plan encourages you to obstain from caffiene too. So my little cup o' joe will have to wait...We'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I would love to hear how the "7-day program" treats you. You'll have to post!
how goes the detoxifying?
Good for you. Brian and I look forward to better eating when we move to Missoula. They have 3 good food stores. Let me know how it goes. Kathleen must be so proud.
Good for you! Sweets, ah, what we're all addicted to, especially for me lately. Not helping my "after baby" body. Yes, let us know how it goes.
for energy we use "Emergen-C", found by the vitamins. You use a pouch in 4-6 ounces of water. It has 1,000 mg of vitamin c with 32 mineral complexes and b vitamins. I also have bought the generic brand at Trader Joe's and it was just as good.
Post a Comment