30 August 2007

Football deficiency

Just when I think summer sports get to be a lot, I am reminded that after baseball begins football. I loathe football. I can't exactly tell you why. But almost everything about the sport really gives me the ickies. It probably started because I never did and still to this day don't know how to keep score. Pretty much all I've absorbed is that each team has 4 chances to make a 1st down. Then there's field goals, conversions (I don't know what those are)...My sisters, on the other hand, and even my mom, actually know quite a bit about football. When I was in high school I would sit in the stands and talk to my friends, or play in the pep band. I would only become aware of the game when the entire stadium was in an uproar. However, I love being outside in the fall, so I will definitely go to games as it's a great outing in the cool weather. Plus, if we get to go to Notre Dame this fall, I will take in every single second. But what annoys me most is the noise of TV football games. All the stupid commentators making assessments and analyzing every freakin move. All that static (because it's turned up so loud) gives me an instant headache. I would gladly clean the basement, organize my sock drawer or pay bills in order to avoid having to listen to TV football games. So...if any of you have a project on Sunday or Monday nights for the next few months, just give me a call. And as for baseball, keep it comin'. Hockey, swimming, cricket, whatever else; I'll take it.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Oh my gosh, I am right there with you sis!
Tom had a game on last night and I actually begged to watch that stupid science show Myth Busters instead of football...personally my loathing attitude is due to the freakin' football season is like 11 months out of the year. Puh-lease. So join the club. I'm a fantasy football widow for the rest of the year. :)

Janell said...

haha...I don't fully understand football either, so join the club! Can't wait to see you in TWO days!!!

Beth said...

So, I take it I don't need to bother inviting you over to watch the Vikes and scrapbook with me on Sundays this fall?? :)

CARH said...

here here! Although I do enjoy most sports, I just can not grow to love or even cultivate a little flicker of like for football, excepting the European kind