09 August 2007

"Trip" is a four-letter word






Just for fun--and to further procrastinate from work I should be doing--I calculated the number of miles I've traveled since March 2007, since I've flown somewhere every month since. The total numbers are pretty insane:
  • 15,202: the # of miles I've flown (total distance)
  • 9,455: the # of miles I've driven (trips to the cities, etc.)
So those of you who commute an inordinate amount of time each day, I sympathize. Plus, any time I am leaving to see friends or family, it definitely compensates for being gone--that part I am surely grateful for. Because of all the traveling I've been doing, I have definitely come to appreciate even more the concept of home. Tonight I should probably clean said dwelling. It's pretty embarrassing how long it's been since the mop's been out. The other night we discovered a bag of potatoes that were lost in the back of the cupboard for about 3 months. Not a good smell, let me tell you.

2 comments:

Anne Bjerken said...

When I lived with Nooshin we found a bag of potatoes that had liquified--I didn't even know that was possible.

Rehab Prophet said...

Carrie, does your huge carbon footprint have a huge carbon foot odor? Shoooot, just kidding, though you could maybe ride your bike to Hinckley at least, and then drive to the cities. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.