31 August 2007

Long siesta


This weekend I was definitely spoiled with lots of activities and entertainment. Well, cleaning the house on Friday night wasn't really entertainment, but I was glad to get it done and then I could relax & have fun. Saturday my friend Jen & I went kayakking and had a really good time. The river was calm, which let me practice my rowing without too much exertion. If you've never kayakked before, do it in a single kayak. I had to tell Tiffany, my only kayak partner, that I don't actually suck and I can steer. All the Hilton Head ladies will remember that excursion. Saturday night Kat and Anastasia stayed at our house--I know she's already grown 2 lbs., but I still can't get over how teeny she is. She's a good little furnace. Sunday we prepped for Janell's baby shower, which I think culminated the end of a long summer of seeing my ladies. It was, as always, great to have so many of you in one place. I hope you enjoyed yourself, Janell! That night Corey & I went out to dinner with Kim & Tommy, which was long overdue. The canal was FLOODED with people, but we mangaged to wrestle a table at Little Angie's. Mmmmm, I love Mexican. And that's not even real Mexican. We also sat out on the deck at Grandma's and stretched the night out as long as possible. It was a great ending to a very busy summer. I kind of feel like I'm ready for a new [academic] year's resolution--this one's been really full already. See friends & family--check. Laugh a lot--in progress. Relax more--in progress.

1 comment:

Janell said...

I truly did enjoy myself! The weekend went by way too fast like always. So much we wanted to do and so little time. Love ya!