07 October 2007

Date night


We've tried to establish Thursday nights for date night, but since our weekend was relatively absent of the usual obligations, we took advantage. Corey took me to Hell's Kitchen for dinner, a new restaurant in town. I'm not sure if we stumbled upon some weekend event or just because it's new, but it was really busy. The decor is mostly all red and black, and the space is a continuation of a few big rooms with big sheer black drapes that can be pulled out to make different "spaces". There is gothic/Rembrandtish artwork sprinkled on the walls. I kind of imagine that it's Halloween all year round for this place. If you've never had bison, you need to try it. Now of course my argument about not wanting to eat deer meat seems thin, considering I just ate buffalo. I've heard their brunch is excellent too, so I imagine we'll be revisiting. Sunday morning we cleaned the basement! I know I am freak of nature because I like to clean. It really didn't take as long as I would have thought and now the items we are recycling/taking to the dump are in the center of the room, hard to miss! Next we have to clean out the garage, put the patio table and grill away, pack up the tent, then I want to paint our bedroom. Sunday night we went to a happy hour with Joe and Em to watch the Yankees game. I didn't want them to win, but at least in some way it extends the baseball season and minimizes the football season--at least at our house.

2 comments:

Karla said...

Kind of funny; David ate brunch there while in Duluth, and dad ate at the one in Mpls, so they "reversed" locations closest to them. Karla

BobT said...

'Go to "Hell" for good eats!' Yup, did that (on 9/15) for brunch with BK; we had about 45 min wait, and they ran out of free coffee :-(

89 S 10th St, Mpls, MN