05 September 2007

Newly sharpened pencils


"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms."
What a great way to start the new school year! I don't really use pencils, but new school supplies does have me focused on starting new, getting organized, and getting rid of clutter. Plus, the thought of new school supplies makes me happy (I just bought a label maker and I'm psyched, even if I have to invent things to make labels for. I know this sounds like Monica.) Classes began yesterday and if the rest of the term is anything like the first day, I think it's going to be a good one. It usually ebbs and flows, so I'm predicting an upslope. I am ready for a new schedule--for working, exercising, having free time, etc...I've found that being a creature of habit actually makes me more flexible and easier to be around. Fall ball is back in full force, so there will be lots of time to ponder my new schedule.


No comments: