
Last Friday one of my co-workers actually asked me if school had started that week or the previous. Hence, things have started at mock-10 pace! Friday night, Jess came over since both of our husbands were on baseball duty. We had a great time catching up, plus all my very knowledgable friends & family in the health sphere have given me lots of good suggestions for my shoulder. Saturday I had an urge to do some baking and was watching Giada deLaurentis for inspiration. I made zuchinni bread for the first time, and some chocolate cupcakes. Saturday night we had a BBQ--despite the cool temps--and TA, the Harrimans, the Berrisfords, the Lahtis and the Wicklund/Horvaths came over. Our house seems small when there's 10 other people in it. Sunday morning I met my friend Jen for coffee (that's her on the L of me). She's currently living in Duluth but we never get a chance to see each other. Our coffee chat lasted FOUR HOURS, and I didn't notice until the sun had moved to the other side of the building. Even though we have major lapses in our visits, it's obvious we have lots to talk about.Sunday night we went to my parents' to celebrate my dad's birthday. My mom made her signature teriayki steak and the best twice-baked potatoes I have ever had. My nephews were there so I got to hear about the 6th grade and kindergarten scenes.
1 comment:
Send your dad birthday wishes for me! :) Sounds like you had a fun weekend...wish I could've been at your BBQ!
Post a Comment