16 September 2007

I'm caving

I didn't hold out for Grey's Anatomy. My parents are out of town and I have been going over there to watch TV. Yes, I will admit it, I think I would be kind of sad if we really didn't have a TV. I watched Pretty in Pink, the 80s cult classic, and I must say, I am seeing a lot of the same clothes around the halls now...I was given Friday off, and I had a pretty productive/enjoyable day. I went to a coffee shop and got a whole batch of papers corrected. Then I drove out to Corey's classroom to meet his kids and I had them write on a Robert Frost poem. Man, I was impressed. It's always interesting to see him in another world, one I am not usually exposed to. His students are always very responsive to him. Then they all wanted to hug me as I was leaving. Later that night, I met up with Corey, TA and Wick for a cocktail. We had some bright conversations about boxing and boxing movies. Saturday I got up early and hit the gym. It was really empty, which always pleases me. I am not there to socialize and would rather avoid eye contact with anyone. Then I drove out to Cloquet to see my friend Kate and her husband, Matt, both of whom I went to college with. Nice houses out in that neck of the woods! Not sure I could tolerate the drive, though. Today I'm going to try not to go shopping (even buying shampoo yesterday set me back $50) and will try to devise a plan to watch the Emmys....anyone who's free want me to come over???

3 comments:

Krista said...

I love Pretty In Pink!!!That is one of my favorite 80's movies.
So does Corey know that you're missing the TV too??? :)

Janell said...

Sure! Come on down to KC and you can watch our tv! haha. :) So how were Kate, Matt, and the kids? I'm sure their little baby girl is just adorable!

Karla said...

I LOVE that song-"When the stars go blue"! Tim McGraw does a nice version! KW