21 September 2007

biological conundrum

So I've always looked young for my age. I accept that. It's my full cheeks and I suppose what one might equate to a familiar "look" (remember the best man speech at my wedding, aka Britney Spears? There's many more stories like that one.). But yesterday I was at work, in my office mind you, and someone asked if I was 17. Gimme a break. That doesn't even make sense. In the same breath, I am faced with something that I wouldn't have to think about until MUCH later in life: grey hair. Yup. I've got it. I remember the first 3 I discovered on Easter Sunday. It's gotten much worse since then. And I can't really use the "maybe they're blond and kind of look grey" excuse, because I'm not really blond to begin with. How does that genetic combination make sense?

3 comments:

Anne Bjerken said...

My mom was totally grey before she was 30, she of course colors her hair, but it is possible. I understand your pain, people always think I am delivering something or I am a legal assistant.

Kevin and Sasha said...

You are too funny. Everyone goes grey at some point. No biggy.

Someone asked me if I was working at my job for the summer? I said, "how do you mean". The man said, "is one of the attorney's your uncles". He told me that he thought I was a highschooler helping out for the summer. ha ha I like it..means when we are OLD we will still look good!

Karla said...

Don't you remember me getting carded when ordering a drink? (a couple years ago). Then once I had a co-worker ask if I was 19, then I introduced him to Ashley, who was 9 or 10 at the time...